Places (Help with places, streets and buildings in Wigan.)
The steam engine was a cotton spinning factory owned in 1861 by Joe Ashton. 21 men and 95 women worked there. Attached to the mill was terrace of 8, later 10, houses the address of which was the Steam Engine. This later became Stonecroft Terrace, it was located between Millingford Brook and the police station.
Replied: 12th Oct 2011 at 16:02