Places   (Help with places, streets and buildings in Wigan.)

Started by: tonker (23315) 

Dougie, it's not council level responsibility. The government have local authorities to do some things and other departments to do other things. The government department responsible for canals is DEFRA. Sub branches of DEFRA include the forestry trust and the canal and rivers trust.
The canal is their responsibility.

Leave Wigan council to what they're responsible for, like collecting tax and paying money out for daft statues and bad block-paving in Wigan town centre!

Replied: 13th Jan 2021 at 17:41

Report Abuse

Only use this form to report abuse about the post displayed above. If you have a query or wish to make a comment, do not use this form.

Your IP No. ( will be logged.

* Enter the 5 digit code to the right of the input box. Don't worry if you make a mistake, you will get another chance. Your comments won't be lost.