Wrightington Hospital1 Comment
Photo: The Wigan Courier
Item #: 8458
The photograph is taken from the bridge on Hall Lane.
The buildings in the middle of the photo are the East Lodge houses which were doctors residences (still standing).
The hall is the grey blur to the left.
The houses to the top right are Dobson Close, named after Mr J. Dobson who was medical superintendant in the 1930's and 40's.
The only visible part of the hospital is the old boiler chimney which can be seen in the gap between the trees.