Photo: Ron Hunt
Item #: 1984
It would be good to have a photo of the House taken a year or two earlier. The Walmsleys left Westwood House in the 1890s for Inglewood House, KIntbury, Berks.. In 1905 their family Chapel, built by EW Pugin in 1873/4, followed them. It was dismantled stone-by-stome, and shipped via the canal system (Kintbury is on the Kennet & Avon Canal), to be re-erected at Inglewood. The porticoed entrance seen here looks rather strangely off-set - perhaps the chapel was to its left - the low structure may be its foundations.
This has been mislabelled as Westwood Hall when it is actually Westwood House.
Does anyone know the exact location of Westwood House and when it was demolished?