wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's on Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links
 Search    In association with  The Wigan Courier
 News
  Local News
  News Archive
 
Wigan Weather
  Weather
 
In Court
  Wigan Magistrates Court
 
 
Fire at factory after employee is set alight - Ashton-in-Makerfield
Saturday 19th November, 2005

At approximately 1.45pm yesterday, Friday 18 November 2005 officers in Ashton-in-Makerfield were informed of a fire at business premise on Golborne Road in which a 17-year-old boy suffered burns.

The 17-year-old suffered burns to his lower leg and arms and was taken to Wigan Royal Infirmary. He has since been transferred to the specialist burns unit at Whiston Hospital.

It is believed that the fire started after the 17-year, who is an employee at the company, had his trousers set alight as a practical joke, which resulted in nearby materials catching alight. The fire then spread to cover a large part of the building.

The road was closed to allow fire-fighters to tackle the blaze and ensure the safety of the public. It was re-opened later that night.

Enquiries are now underway to identify the person responsible for starting the fire.


[Back...]
 
 © 2017 wiganworld
Click here to read the privacy policy, disclaimer and copyright information.
Please contact us with your ideas, suggestions, moans or questions.