wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Printer Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nephro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Printer Problems Reply with quote

I have an Epson RX420 printer,which is a 3 in one.

It has just put a notice up saying that servicable parts are coming to the end of their life or something like that
The last time that happened it cost me 25 at the computer shop to fettle, I think its the ink counters that need resetting, Anyone know how to do this please, because i'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment.
arrow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the FREE tool they probably used, your printer model appears to be supported
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
25 Shocked it doesn't take two minutes to do, that is too much.
nephro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link arrow ,but what and how do I use it.

I'm thick The program that I need is V4-0, which contains the fix for Epson RX420. It also says read all the info in Help, where's help.

Oh to be clever. lol Embarassed

Honest arrow it was 25 from the computer shop on Westend Road Haydock.
bloobloo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you have to do is click on the red x that says protection counter, it will then ask if you have replaced the ink pad click yes and then your done. simple as that Very Happy
nephro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ay, but how do I get to the red X in the first place?

I cannot even get into the correct program.

How do I get into Program V4-0 The present program showing is V4-30,
which doesn't hold my printer RX420 fix
arrow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 4.30 will work, it is newer than version 4 and supports more models but still includes yours.
Try this Smile ,

Install and run the program.
Select your printer on the Configuration tab.
Click the cross in the top right corner to minimise the program to your System Tray (down near the clock).
Right click on the program's icon that is in the System Tray and left click Help where you will find better instructions than I can give for resetting the counters.

Considering that this is the second time this has been done to the printer please don't blame me if ink starts to leak out of the bottom Laughing
thesurgeon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ink does start to leak, do a mod, like mine, see here:

http://forums.cdcovers.cc/showthread.php?t=189379
nephro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got my printer working perfectly again,and without paying 25
For the privilage. The last time that I had it done in Haydock the chap said that he resets the counters and changes all the used ink pads.

NO WAY I have bought a scrapper off e-bay and took it to bits and as you can see the entire insides had to come out to even get at the waste ink pads. It was a job too I can tell you. I think I will do the mod that you did surgeon with the plastic pipes that I took out of the scrapper

This is my working printer

This is the scrapper undressed, & look the entire floor is covered in waste ink padding. Thanks for the help everyone.
nephro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the mod by removing the pipe from delivering ink onto the floor pads and into a bottle, but now after 3 years I have got the same old message up again.

Parts of your printer are coming to the end of their natural life and require a service.

I have tried to service the printer by using the downloaded counter resets, but my printer is having none. It still keeps printing though and is better than ever.

Me-thinks a new printer is my best bet. What do you think ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Computer problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: