wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Arrogant Folk
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Arrogant Folk Reply with quote

went out sat night up wigan with couple of my friends n one of their brothers he was leaving to go in army so we were avin a kinda farewell do for him. went to moon under water had few drinks summat eat then we moved down king street ,none of the bouncers would let him in because he was swaying!!!! swaying? whats all that about ,i was more drunk than him n end of day it was one of them if your face dont fit...tried next pub no chance obviously they'd passed word about. we were just stood having a chat n a bouncer barged in the middle of us n sed youve no chance of gettin in anywere tonight so i sed to him in a polite manner " excuse me but who asked your opinion on anything, we are having a conversation what doesnt involve you" n the abuse i got back from him was ridiculous, shouting all over king street that i was a fat slag.. i'd say less but he was overweight but cause he a bouncer thinks he can speak to working class people who are spending their hard earned money for a night out in that manner!!
aisforandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your mate was swaying then they did the right thing. Did you know its illegal to selll a drunk person alcohol?

Most doors in Wigan are controlled by MYL Security, and watched over by Central Watch on CCTV which means they are all constantly in touch with each other so if your mate was swaying and you say that you were even more drunk than him then it would be evident and the message distributed.

And I agree with that. I've been at the receiving end of this too, and it is annoying and it does make you angry, but thats the way it is, I'm afraid. Don't spend time dwelling on it. Wigan Council is on the backs of bars and clubs in Wigan to reduce binge drinking, and from what you say they seem to be doing that job well.

And from your post, lets be honest - were you really being that polite?
Laughing Wink
fozzy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time that folks who are too drunk to know how to behave are turned away from the clubs and pubs. It's in the interests of most people who know how to have a good time without their safety being put at risk.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are doing a job, and it is they who are sober. They are the best judge on who they do and dont let into the premises.
If they say you cant go in, you can bet it is for a reason, have a look at yourself (when you was out), and ask yourself what that reason could be.
You (or some of your party) could have had enough already.
You could have been dressed inapropiately, or didn't fit in with the clientele.
You could have been the wrong age group for that particular establishment.

There would have been a reason i'm sure.
cerridwen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the bouncers did the right thing. these clubs have to keep their licence, so have to be on guard against binge drinkers.

http://blog.wiganworld.co.uk/cerridwen
cas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tend to agree my mate ended up with twenty stiches because someone was merrily drunk, guy was causing no trouble until he stumbled into a table full of drinks.

the owners of the drinks kicked off lots of pushing and shoving and my poor mate who was trying to get back away from the trouble got knocked over right into all the broken glasses.

fortunately for him the bouncer knew his first aid.

happens so fast one minute calm the next a riot

http://www.southportfriends.co.uk/
Val

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree it was the right thing to do not to let your mate in, what ppl are missing is the rudeness of the bouncer. They not only have no right to be calling ppl names, but it is this sort of thing that starts violence where none was intended. You should have asked to see his licence and report him for abusive language.
silver1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that last post,its true what you say.The bouncers are there to do a job which is understandable.I totally agree with the fact that if someone is drunk and staggering and come across as though they've had to much ale then fair do's dont let em in,but that wasn't the case that night , his face simply didnt fit.I'm sure somewhere in their job description it must state that they keep trouble away,not cause it but there you go,who am i to argue cos u'll never win with em there all 1 click as far as i'm concerned...BOUNCING BULLIES............
PoolstockLee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like lightweights to me. If you can handle your drink you won't look so drunk would you?
Val

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on poolstocklee, bouncers are not all goody two shoes. My daughter was attacked by a bouncer who mistook her for someone who had been barred earlier that evening. By good common sense, my girl always stands where there is a camera and he was caught on it punching her in the stomach for no apparent reason. As she suffers from polycystic ovary syndrome, this made her immediately hemorragh and was rushed to hospital - she could have died. It might also have left her unable to have children. By luck she has a little girl but if she changes her mind the damage done will now make it infinitely more difficult. That was in Bolton but that isn't the point....Bouncers are not there to incite or cause trouble they are meant to control it.
tracyh30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree some bouncer's can be a bit arrogant,,,, Mad
i think this case was just being a bit picky meself,,,, if the person in question was fallin all over the place, and being mouthy then yes turn him away,,, but just for swaying i think thats just being petty,,,,
tracyh30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and val thats an awfull story about your daughter,,, i have a niece with the same complaint, and i know how painfull that can be , without being punched in the stomach adding to the problem Mad Mad Mad
seamonkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Hang on poolstocklee, bouncers are not all goody two shoes. My daughter was attacked by a bouncer who mistook her for someone who had been barred earlier that evening. By good common sense, my girl always stands where there is a camera and he was caught on it punching her in the stomach for no apparent reason. As she suffers from polycystic ovary syndrome, this made her immediately hemorragh and was rushed to hospital - she could have died. It might also have left her unable to have children. By luck she has a little girl but if she changes her mind the damage done will now make it infinitely more difficult. That was in Bolton but that isn't the point....Bouncers are not there to incite or cause trouble they are meant to control it.

Is the bouncer in court soon then for assaulting your daughter? thats a horrific story he deserves to be locked up for years to do that to a young woman,
cerridwen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading these posts makes me glad I don't frequent King St. or anywhere close for that matter.

http://blog.wiganworld.co.uk/cerridwen
tracyh30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too, the last time i went out round there was 1998.....

come to think of it the last time went out anywhere was 1998 Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: