wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Starstruck
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
godfrey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaudete wrote:
What about some of those veggie "mush" burgers we eat in The Tudor?

Seriously, sounds good. A few boats moored up, people chilling by the side of the canal.

You could even have a couple of evenings a week when people can bring along their guitar, fiddle or whatever and make a bit of sweet music together.

Keep it peaceful; keep it cool! Very Happy

Too right, although I can imagine British Waterways may have something to say about chilling on the canal bank 'after dark'.

Out of interest, does the term 'after dark' make any sense? After darkness comes light so logically 'after dark' will mean the morning time.

Furthermore, a quick google image search for after dark came up with this corker:

*growl*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

godfrey wrote:

Too right, although I can imagine British Waterways may have something to say about chilling on the canal bank 'after dark'.

Out of interest, does the term 'after dark' make any sense? After darkness comes light so logically 'after dark' will mean the morning time.

Furthermore, a quick google image search for after dark came up with this corker:

*growl*

LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wouldn't fancy spending time after dark with him..... but then I suspect that feeling would be entirely mutual. Wink

Semantically, you're absolutely right. "After dark" comes light and, ipso facto, is day time. Pragmatically the reference is to the time period which begins once the darkness arrives.

Last edited by Gaudete on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Gaudete

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

........ and I was thinking more of those long, summer evenings. During the cold, dark months we could get a nice log fire going inside.

None of that dodgy coffee though, Godfrey. You know the type I mean! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> News and views All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: