wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
WW 4 Point Deduction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: WW 4 Point Deduction Reply with quote

So we've gone from 4th and challenging for the top 3, to 5 points clear of relegation. Breached by 6%, or just over 222,000 in real money.

Not good Sad
cerridwen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not good for Wigan and not good for the game in general... If wigan go down , the revenue lost at the other clubs will be crushing.

http://blog.wiganworld.co.uk/cerridwen
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cerridwen wrote:
It's not good for Wigan and not good for the game in general... If wigan go down , the revenue lost at the other clubs will be crushing.

It's not just that, its the principle of it all. ML is running that club into the ground by tarnishing its reputation - Wouldn't you think breaking the cap 2 years on the trot would suggest something off? He should be sacked from his post for allowing this to happen.

As for revenue lost, I see your point, on the weekend Wigan and Saints played the other matches (Salford and I think it was Harlequins) was attended by less than 5000 "fans". If Wigan go down, it would be just what the board need if you ask me - They should be sacked for allowing such things to happen. It makes the rugby look like a less paid football league - Not what the sport needs.
Tusker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sings "the town is turning blue and theres nothing they can do"

lol

come on you Latics
cerridwen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Lindsay has gone sacked or pushed I surpose we will never know.. but good ridance I say.

http://blog.wiganworld.co.uk/cerridwen
laticusfanaticus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: first post Reply with quote

Isn't it sad about the demise of the Klumps? Very Happy
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you're one of the fans who only sing when they're winning, yes?
laticusfanaticus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I've been around a long time.

Just new on here, that's all. I'm just addressing the anti Latics nonsense that's posted on here and will be providing all you Klumps with the facts as they are.

For instance, considering your nick name, is one of your 'memories' the fact that the JJB Stadium was originally built for Latics and ORRELL?

Do your 'memories' include Jack Robinson selling Central Park to Tesco and attempting to relocate the club to the Reebok Stadium, because he would 'never share grounds with a struggling third division football club'?

I bet you've loads of 'memories' of Wiggin winning everything in sight in the old days. Do you also remember that Wiggin were the only professional club around at the time though?

I also bet your 'memories' include sneering at the struggling local football team.

Well, the boot's on the other foot now and it's time this town started looking at the future. Memories are good, but are ultimately worth nothing. It is the present and the future that matters.

The present and the future is Blue.

What's more, deep down in your heart, you know it, and are frightened.
Aspulliter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, does th non-relegation rule apply to Wigan as well as the Catalans Question
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laticusfanaticus wrote:
No. I've been around a long time.

Just new on here, that's all. I'm just addressing the anti Latics nonsense that's posted on here and will be providing all you Klumps with the facts as they are.

For instance, considering your nick name, is one of your 'memories' the fact that the JJB Stadium was originally built for Latics and ORRELL?

So it may be. Your point being?

Quote:
Do your 'memories' include Jack Robinson selling Central Park to Tesco and attempting to relocate the club to the Reebok Stadium, because he would 'never share grounds with a struggling third division football club'?

Be careful what you say about this, otherwise you'll start going on about how JR shafter WW, without knowing the real facts. PS> I'll say hi to Jack for you when I see him?

Quote:
I bet you've loads of 'memories' of Wiggin winning everything in sight in the old days. Do you also remember that Wiggin were the only professional club around at the time though?

And again, your point? You're judging my name without knowing how it came about...

Quote:
I also bet your 'memories' include sneering at the struggling local football team.

Well, I'll be honest - Football as a whole is overrated. My experience of Latics fans is not a good one. Therefore, yes, I'm glad when they lose. Knocks the wind out of a certain persons sails, don't you think?

Quote:
Well, the boot's on the other foot now and it's time this town started looking at the future. Memories are good, but are ultimately worth nothing. It is the present and the future that matters.

The present and the future is Blue.

You mean how Mighty Dave was calling for heads when WHU signed illegally Tevez? You're right, the boots on the other foot now WW have "only" been docked points, I think they should have been relegated. Better to start again from nothing than to carry on from controvosy.

Quote:
What's more, deep down in your heart, you know it, and are frightened.

To be honest, I find it hard to justify paying to watch a couple of mediocre teams now. I was at every home game for the WW last season, and travelled to the more local ones (Warrington, Stains and suchlike), but this season, what is the point of throwing money away to watch a team tainted by someone who can't count (ML) and someone who is full of double standards (DW).

Luv n snugglez x x x x Rolling Eyes
laticusfanaticus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that was a well educated response. It confirms to me that you are not a closet Klump.

In answer to your first question the point is that the Klumps were not in the original plans when it came to building the JJB Stadium. Commencement of the building of the stadium itself, pre dates the Klumps leaving Central Park by at least twelve months.

Say hi to Jack for me by all means. As far as I'm concerned it is he who stopped Latics having to have the indignity of re locating to Central Park. Jack and I have a hell of a lot in common, but he doesn't know it.

I like you very much, you could be right about me being a bit swift to judge with regards to you name. However, I stick to my guns by stating that the only way the Klumps won everything that they did in the late eighties and early nineties is because they were the only professional RL club at the time. Money was no object and they simply did what Chelsea are threatening to do in the world of association football now.

My experiences of Klump fans are not very good either and you have been honest enough to confirm what yourself, along with the whole of Wigan (bar 1.200 Latics diehards) used to do on a regular basis when Latics lost regularly. In that you laughed your heads off!

But you criticise Latics fans (especially those 1.200) for doing it now?

I also think that you need to realise that ' a certain somebody' saved both the local sports clubs from going belly up. As for the 'poisonous one' I think his actions, by hopping onto the Latics band wagon, speak louder than any of his words ever did. He is unwanted by us as well!

I agree with you about the Tevez affair, it is an absolute scandal. At least the Klumps have taken the punishment that West Ham United should have done. But in my experience, (only two season's mind) the Premiership hierachy are corrupt, and for that I can not possibly defend my association football corner.

Big Hug! Very Happy
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with your comments on the Tevez affair... Kind of.

With regards to WW taking the punishment WHU "should have", the choice was never brought up. DW jumped on the wagon purely to try and have WHU relegated. Yet when the team he owns does the same thing, lets face it, it was planned all along, he turns a blind eye. I also stick by my own guns - I would rather WW be in NL1 with some ounce of dignity, than still in the S/L with the team being a laughing stock, as they are now.

I will state something now, but I will not elaborate on this further, as it has been over in the past, and that is how it should stay.

DW is a piece of work, which Wigan would be better off without. Sure, he injected funds into the teams when needed, but by becoming majority shareholder, he dropped a nice one on a lot of shareholders from a very great height. Very much the same way he tried to do so with colleagues who I worked with @ the JJB warehouses, when they went on strike. If you ask me, he is as corrupt as they come.

I mean, when he stepped in for Orrell, look how it all went - New clubhouse as a gesture, then the training pitches sold off for housing, and then the club folded, and were evicted from their ground, where they have played from for x amount of years. What a way to go.

Now, I'm no psychic, or skeptic, however, with the current debacle with selling WW off, I can almost see what is going to happen:

- Club is sold, no ground, so they use the JJB (Owned by DW), thus earning him money into the deal. Now, as soon as things go a bit pear shaped, the club will end up without a ground, no money, no players, and even less dignity. Lets hope not though eh?
laticusfanaticus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken those points on board.

I do remember thinking that it was unhealthy for one man to own everything (with regards to the three major sports club in Wigan).

Nobody can deny the detrimental effect he has had on Orrell RUFC, but as for his selling of the Warriors it could be a good thing.

Maybe the new owners of the Warriors will 'use' Whelan's ground whilst it suits them and then move on to build a new ground of their own?

Worryingly, this leaves Latics stuck with Whelan and Lindsay. However, who's to say a new buyer for Latics would not be forthcoming in the future? This then would make things easier regarding any sale as the Warriors will be gone, any buyer would not have to buy both Latics and Warriors as would be the case now.

Going back to Tevez, I personally think WHU should have been relegated. The terms of his latest transfer confirm that the Scammers did not 'own' the player. WHU got 2.000.000 'compensation', Tevez's owners, MSL, got 10.000.000 FOR A TWO YEARS LOAN DEAL.

You claim that the Warriors did the same thing as WHU, but they didn't did they? At least they did 'own' Fielden's contract. All they did was 'overspend' by signing him. That's completely different from the Tevez saga.

This then leads to your theory that the Warriors would be better thought of by taking relegation and working their way back up. That's a very good point. Because WHU will be forever tainted now with regards to any future 'success'.
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laticusfanaticus wrote:

You claim that the Warriors did the same thing as WHU, but they didn't did they? At least they did 'own' Fielden's contract. All they did was 'overspend' by signing him. That's completely different from the Tevez saga.

This then leads to your theory that the Warriors would be better thought of by taking relegation and working their way back up. That's a very good point. Because WHU will be forever tainted now with regards to any future 'success'.

In that respect, no it isn't the same. But, they still broke the rules, as did WHU, and they also spent money they should not have. That, IMO, is like being the bottom of the league, and then arranging for the club to be more favoured by referees, other clubs, etc. It's, in my eyes, basically the same as buying our place in S/L.
davewigan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i have time i may give more time to answering some of the points raised in this thread

but the one i would like to ask is if any one has been to the library in Wigan ?

there you can see what club put in what to the jjb and why it was given the go ahead and not as the latics fan would have people believe

the ground is shared and will be shared for the forseable future at least the next 87 years
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: