wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Maddy, missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harold

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadfael wrote:
harold wrote:

I think they will need reminding that they have made a mistake by leaving there daughter in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am assuming you actually mean they will need 'NO' reminding. If so.. yes. This stupid petition is preaching to a couple who have learned a very hard and tragic lesson.

So.. come on folks... lets make them all feel worse, lets stick the knife in deep and twist it.

Thay have admitted the mistake... something that many of us have done... but that does not matter. Lets kick the s*** out them whilst they are down.

Bask in your high dudgeon, savour your rightious indignation. Let the media lead you like sheep... make the victim the criminal, you deserve each other.

I hope to god you never find yourself in their situation... oh yee who have never done wrong... you saints who have made no mistake.

Disgusted Cadfael

Your spot on with that Cadfael, thats was what I was trying to say.
Cadfael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ta harold.

I actually think they know she is gone, it will be a miracle if she is ever found alive... but lets hope she is.

But what they are doing is hyping the fact that kids DO go missing and are never seen again. They are using the media, and playing them at their own game.

The media likes to use people... they however do not like to be used. So now they have turned around and tried to make this poor couple look like bad parents, and every little gaff will be used against them.

The sad thing is... some inteligent people fall for it. The fools I put up with, but the people who can reason who fall for this media attack I cannot forgive.

And there are people on this forum who can reason, and have an intelectual discussion HAVE fallen for it!.. the medai has fooled them!
cordyline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did wrong -- They neglected their children -- in my opinion they should be tried for child neglect

Where was mum in that poor child's moment of need

We know where she was -- DOWN AT THE PUB with her husband and mates

If someone commits a crime, then is truly sorry, does that make it OK?

All prisons are full of people who wish they could turn the clock back

I never read newspapers, I do read the news on the BBC news website

The BEEB never condemn them for their actions

They appear to stifle any criticism of that couple

cordy
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cordyline wrote:
They did wrong -- They neglected their children -- in my opinion they should be tried for child neglect

Where was mum in that poor child's moment of need

We know where she was -- DOWN AT THE PUB with her husband and mates

If someone commits a crime, then is truly sorry, does that make it OK?

All prisons are full of people who wish they could turn the clock back

I never read newspapers, I do read the news on the BBC news website

They appear to stifle any criticism of that couple

cordy

^^^I agree. If everything worked out as to if they were sorry, they got away with it, my partner's cousin's killer would not be serving a sentance behind bars for dangerous driving/DUI, etc.
Cadfael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cordyline wrote:

cordy

Erm... it is the job of the courts to condemn anyone, and the police to some degree. Of course public opinion will condemn them no matter what the circumstances.

But ii is NOT the place of the BBC, nor any news media ogranisation to condemn anyone... their job is to report the news.
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadfael wrote:
cordyline wrote:

cordy

Erm... it is the job of the courts to condemn anyone, and the police to some degree. Of course public opinion will condemn them no matter what the circumstances.

But ii is NOT the place of the BBC, nor any news media ogranisation to condemn anyone... their job is to report the news.

Seems funny, they condemn others without any public uprising...
MOLLIE M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've said right from the beginning that those parents are too laid back about all this, suggesting that they are not innocents. There were baby-minding facilities readily available and their room door was not locked. They've had a private jet put at their disposal so they can go on a tour of Europe. The first place I'd have looked would have been Morocco/Tunisia which is far more easily accessible than Rome, Berlin, Milan and all the other places they've been to. And what's all that about them leaving the twins behind as well? Those babies will know that their big sister is missing and will be going through some form of grieving process of their own, and now mummy and daddy are gone too! This could cause serious dysfunction when they get older. Am sorry, but I think the McCann's have been involved in this right from the beginning. I thought as much when the father stood in front of a camera saying how much they loved their daughter, blah-blah-blah, which he was reading from a previously written piece of paper. It didn't come from the heart, as it should have done. Creating so much publicity will not have done the child much good. For a start, she has a blemish to her eye which could be easily recognisable and whoever took her knows that. It would not be safe to keep hold of her after all the media coverage so there would be only one thing to do - and I don't want to put that down here. That poor child is the one who needs the sympathy - not the McCanns.
Cadfael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Townofmemories wrote:
Cadfael wrote:
cordyline wrote:

cordy

Seems funny, they condemn others without any public uprising...

But of course not... the media point the direction, and the public follow. Like sheep really. You will get no arguments from me on that one.

Some of us ignore the media and form our own opinion. Some of us decide they are a brave couple who are highlighting the fact that children go missing, other form the opinion that they desrted her.

Just don't let the medie lead you is all I am saying.

When Princess Diana died, it was the media who first decided the Queen should leave Balmoral to come to London... and the rest of the country though 'Oh yeah... she should... the BITCH!' The fact the Queen is a grandmother and was comforting and protecting two boys who had lost their mother mattered for nothing. During those dark days the population of the UK was played like an old fiddle by the media.

Okay... has any of us taken our kids to Butlins, or Pontins... and once they are asleep in the chalet gone to the club for a drink?

Be honest now....
cordyline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..............Okay... has any of us taken our kids to Butlins, or Pontins.....

...YES...

...............and once they are asleep in the chalet gone to the club for a drink?................

NO !!

Did you?
FERT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been on holiday with junior and ever left the child asleep to nip out to the club or bar. No, Never.

Would that couple have gone out and left a Rolex watch on the bed?. No.

If they are not visited by Social Services, and certain rules of parenting and caring for children spelled out and the matter dealt with, that sets a dangerous precedent for the future wrong-doers, you can't have a rule for one and not the other.
Something inside me tells me that those children were secondary in the parent's lifestyle anyway, not really hands-on parents.
MOLLIE M

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with you Fert. Those kids are merely accessories, like a nice belt or bracelet. They are culpable of gross neglect, at the very least, and they are 100% responsible for the loss of that child. I've never seen one tear, or any sign of emotion from either of the parents and I don't believe in the "stiff upper lip" when it comes to the loss of a child. It doesn't happen.
Garnet76

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said before, I won't leave my kids alone even when they are asleep-even at home where there are people I know and trust let alone on holiday where i am surrounded by people I don't know!!! We've just been away with Cerri and her hubby, in a caravan for a week and the only time any of my kids have been away from me they have been with another adult or all togetherplaying outside-in easy view and within earshot at all times. My little boy has driven me potty because he has wanted to play where the games machines were, just outside the club door. As a result either me or Mr g have been in and out of the club with him and missed some great acts-or he has been with his two older sisters who in turn were with a group of around four other girls around the same age. Even though they have been in a large group AND AWAKE I have been checking continuously on them-something I have always done, not just a guilty conscience because of the events in Portugal!!! Sad
Garnet76

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I did hear on the radio a couple of days ago is that children are becoming worried about being snatched out of their beds!!Parents need to remind their kids that mummy and daddy wouldn't let that happen cos they wouldn't leave them alone!!! Regardless of any worries parents may have, children still need to be children and they have enough worries of there own. We have to be vigilant enough and warn them about strangers in the street-especially after the times over the last few months where someone has tried to entice kids into a car-without them being scared to go to bed!!! Sad
Val

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

however carefully you try to look after your kids there will be a time when they go out of sight. We lived next door but one to a pub, but would never have dreamed of going for a swift half even with the kids in bed. You just don't do it, not here and not abroad and they are very lucky social services have not taken the twins off them. However, even though I was both vigilant and strict, it didn't stop my daughter going missing twice at the same age. To this day we have no idea how she escaped! Having said that we felt we had nothing to punish ourselves for as we did our best to do all the right things. These parents knowingly took huge risks with their kids and are now paying the price. I still feel very sorry for them though even though a part of me wonders if they were involved.
cordyline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No smoke........................

.................Last week, Tal & Qual reported that the "police believe" Kate and Gerry McCann killed her, with the paper suggesting Madeleine may have died in an accident...............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6971662.stm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> News and views All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: