wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Maddy, missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cordyline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007260182,00.html
cordyline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You know, we are very responsible parents and we love our children so much and I think it is only a very few people that are actually criticising us."

Really ??
harold

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some folk react in different ways to whats gos on, look at that Peter Falconio case in australia everybody was thinking his girl friend had a hand in it but it was proved that she didnt.

And to start calling them just because they nipped out and left there kids alone for a bit is also wrong, we have left ours kids on there own for a bit and with all sorts of funny looking baby sitters who we didnt know why staying in hotels.
Cadfael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify... it is the media that has come up with a slant on this story.. the slant being 'that a few people have said you must be involved with her disappearance'... with no proof, with no evidence... the media are now putting them on trail.

The Portugese Police and the British Police however have never at anytime considered they are guilty of any wrong doing... they did of course make certain checks... ask certain questions. But at this moment in time the parents are not considered as suspects... no matter WHAT the media may invent to keep this story front page news.

Why go to Rome? Read Routers... they were ASKED to go to Rome by the Vatican Press Office, then it seems... the Pope 'realised' they were in the crowd In fact it could even be said the Pope is looking for PR here!

It amazes me.. with no proof... with no reason... this poor couple not only have to deal with a missing daughter.. but narrow minded bigots and the media looking for a sensation.

At no time do you even consider they may be a family who placed their trust in their religion before this happened... and they turn to their God for strength now. maybe that is why they seem so calm... so confident.

A few years ago a little girl was abducted and murdered. I am ashamed to say I cannot remember her name. Nor can I remember the name of her mother. But her mother came across in the media as a very strong and brave woman. She made herself available for interview throughout the terrible days she dealt with her fresh grief. Eventually... the press turned upon her when the story got a bit slow. The whole country began to question her...

'she is to calm about this'

'I would not be surprised if she did it... she is becoming a bit of a celibrirty now... she is raking it in'

'she must have done it, no mother could be so calm on TV'

Of course... the media got it all wrong, and not a word of apology was ever given to that poor lady.

harold... I agree. I took my kids to Pontins a few years ago. Once they were asleep... me and the wife nipped to the club for an hour... how many of us have done the same? The moot point here is... you SHOULD be safe to do this!

'oh well... the press had it in for her'

'I never thought for one second she did it'

But this is the nature of the media... Gerry and Kate McCann are putting themselves 'out there' for the most perfectly understandable reason imaginable... that of finding their missing daughter, they are getting their message across.. they will move nations to acheive that aim.

Ms Mueller... 35, out for a scoop has this to say...

"If they had walked out I would have been sorry. They are putting themselves out there a lot and if they keep staging press conferences they have to expect uncomfortable questions.

"I was doing my job as a journalist."

Yeah... being a hard nosed and insensitive bitch is my word for it.
cordyline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold
we have left ours kids on there own for a bit
Did you really leave three tiny tots home alone while you went off boozing? -- I suggest you confer with Mrs Harold before responding

That Tapas bar is a good 5 minute walk from their apartment

When the story first started they were checking back every hour, now amended to half hour

They should never have left them like that

Where was the mother in that poor girls moment of need?

I would not suggest that they have knowledge of who did this wicked act

But I wonder if the 3 year old was actually asleep when the last person checked on them?

Imho they seriously neglected their children

The media have given them an easy ride

Portuguese authorities are afraid to charge them for fear of discouraging tourists

The German reporter did not go far enough with her questions

cordy
aisforandy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it would discourage tourists more knowing there is a child snatcher loose.

I agree with people who have said that there is something wrong here, but I really can't place exactly what it is.

But I also agree with Cadfael and that it is impossible for anyone to know how they would and would not behave if their child was taken. I myself, would probably be doing exactly the same as these people if I had the belief that she was alive and out there.

I also think they were wrong for leaving the kids alone while they went out, but as others have said - how many other people have probably done the same thing? Do you think they probably don't blame themeselves at this point? And whatever they did is this any kind of just punishment?

Besides all that, the simple fact is that there is a little girl missing in another country. This is not about the parents. For the foreseeable and where there is hope I think it is important to keep the media messages positive.
harold

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold
we have left ours kids on there own for a bit
Did you really leave three tiny tots home alone while you went off boozing? -- I suggest you confer with Mrs Harold before responding

Not home alone as you put it but we have nipped out to do something that would only take a few minutes, and we have left them in a hotel room fast asleep and went down to the bar.

And thats all this couple did it dosnt matter if it was only 5 minutes or 55 minutes the evil deed can be done much quicker.

Im not sticking up for this pair because I think theres something not quite right about this case. or maybe its because the portugese police are not allowed to tell us about whats going on with the case.
brummie_bird

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only person I feel sorry for in this is that poor little girl...she was the one left alone and she is the one who is having to suffer the consequences...lets face it it doesn't look good no really does it.
They are a disgrace for leaving them...they are too young what if one of them woke up and thought they would go and find mummy and daddy or anything!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.petitiononline.com/June2007/petition.html
harold

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think by signing that petition you are just rubbing salt into the wounds of this couple, they may have done wrong in some peoples opinions but to have them investigatied will only drag it on and on.
cordyline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't agree there harold

By not responding and condemning their actions what message is going out to young parents

They were quick to send out support for the family

Why not a few choice words to say 'don't leave your children locked up and go to the pub'?

They are responsible for the children 24/7 -- Ask any mum

cordy
harold

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there are still thousands of parents leaving there children at home alone or in hotels rooms.

I think they will need reminding that they have made a mistake by leaving there daughter in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quite happily signed it. Why? Because they disgust me - People are collecting money for these people who have a massive income and a 600,000 house. And why? Because they left their kids alone in a room and someone relieved them of a child. If they were proper parents, they wouldn't have left them, or at least been in the remote area of where the child was.
Garnet76

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%!! As a mother of 5-my eldest is 10- I never leave my kids alone!! I won't even sit in my neighbours garden (next door!) while my kids are in bed. I've been called unsociable but I don't care, my kids are my priority!! I'm on pins when I go out in case one goes out of my sight-in fact I've also been told I'm overprotective because I want to know where they are at all times!! My son who is 3 is always on reins when I go out in case he runs off-as I already feel like my head is on a swivel keeping a check on the older 3.
I do feel sorry for this family but you should never, ever leave kids alone-especially ones so young!!! They could very easily have kept the children beside them in prams while they ate a meal-then they would have known the kids were safe Sad Sad
Cadfael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harold wrote:

I think they will need reminding that they have made a mistake by leaving there daughter in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am assuming you actually mean they will need 'NO' reminding. If so.. yes. This stupid petition is preaching to a couple who have learned a very hard and tragic lesson.

So.. come on folks... lets make them all feel worse, lets stick the knife in deep and twist it.

Thay have admitted the mistake... something that many of us have done... but that does not matter. Lets kick the s*** out them whilst they are down.

Bask in your high dudgeon, savour your rightious indignation. Let the media lead you like sheep... make the victim the criminal, you deserve each other.

I hope to god you never find yourself in their situation... oh yee who have never done wrong... you saints who have made no mistake.

Disgusted Cadfael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> News and views All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: