wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
European Cup Final
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Sports


View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
AC Millan
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Liverpool
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

Author Message
tardelli



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: European Cup Final Reply with quote

Who will win tomorrow's big game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Townofmemories



Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 1541
Location: Wigan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Liverpool. Like English teams winning me Smile Notice you think Milan though Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tardelli



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm praying that Millan win Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Townofmemories



Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 1541
Location: Wigan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tardelli wrote:
i'm praying that Millan win Smile


Why???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oscar



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Townofmemories wrote:
tardelli wrote:
i'm praying that Millan win Smile


Why???


There are only two types of person that want AC Milan to win that much, Mancs and Blue Noses!

So tell us Tardelli, which camp to you fall into? Very Happy
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tommy



Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 40
Location: the lakes

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: european cup Reply with quote

i support the latics and wrflc,but i want LIVERPOOL to win..why?,i support any english/british team who are playing in a major final against foreign opposition.....what happens when two english/british teams meet is another question? Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tardelli



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueNose Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tommy



Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 40
Location: the lakes

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knobhead Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tardelli



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
knobhead


Charming
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jodiecus



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 243

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know i don't give a stuff who wins and have no interest whatsoever in football and i get so mad that the papers and tv seem to think the whole planet is football mad, same goes for cricket every time i see a bit of cricket on tv there is hardly anybody watching it yet they put it on for hours on end and then report it as if millions had watched it.
it really does do my head in. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tardelli



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you know i don't give a stuff who wins and have no interest whatsoever in football and i get so mad that the papers and tv seem to think the whole planet is football mad, same goes for cricket every time i see a bit of cricket on tv there is hardly anybody watching it yet they put it on for hours on end and then report it as if millions had watched it.
it really does do my head in.


Why are you reading the sports forums then? Smile

Millan win anyway, it's safe to turn on your tv / radio etc... tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jodiecus



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 243

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because i like proper sport like rugby and rugby league and darts and golf and tennis and F1 and snooker and knitting and tiddlewinks anything but poseball and ooer its raining and the suns gone behind a cloud so lets go and have a cup of tea cricket. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oscar



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommy wrote:
knobhead Very Happy
Oh come on. No need! Evil or Very Mad

I'm a kopite and even I wouldn't stoop to un-provoked insults like that, even if he is a dirty Blue Sh**e Wink Wink Wink

Meanwhile, back at the point...

BUGGER! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'm absolutely gutted about the result. It must be said though, neither team were playing their best football and despite having control of the game for most of the match, if you can't turn possession into goals then you can't expect to win games. Therefore, as much as it hurts to say this, congratulations to AC Milan. I wouldn't really say that the better team won, however there's no arguing with the fact that the less poor team took the trophy home. Sad

jodiecus wrote:
you know i don't give a stuff who wins and you know i don't give a stuff who wins and have no interest whatsoever in football and i get so mad that the papers and tv seem to think the whole planet is football mad, same goes for cricket every time i see a bit of cricket on tv there is hardly anybody watching it yet they put it on for hours on end and then report it as if millions had watched it.
it really does do my head in. and i get so mad that the papers and tv seem to think the whole planet is football mad, same goes for cricket every time i see a bit of cricket on tv there is hardly anybody watching it yet they put it on for hours on end and then report it as if millions had watched it.
it really does do my head in.
With all due respect Jodiecus, if you have, as you say "no interest whatsoever in football" then why the hell are you sticking your beak into a thread about the outcome of the Champions League final Question

As for your claim that the media are showing too much cricket when nobody is interested in the sport (I quote:"every time i see a bit of cricket on tv there is hardly anybody watching it yet they put it on for hours on end and then report it as if millions had watched it") then could you please explain to me why I can't get tickets for Friday and Saturday's play at Old Trafford for England's third test against the West Indies? 22,000 people have beat me in the queue for a seat in the ground. Doesn't really support your "Hardly anybody watching" hypothosis does it? especially when you go to say you'd rather see more darts on the telly ("because i like proper sport like rugby and rugby league and darts and golf and tennis and F1 and snooker and knitting and tiddlewinks anything but poseball and ooer its raining and the suns gone behind a cloud so lets go and have a cup of tea cricket")

Let's face it, when Sky show Masters football (a bunch of geriatric has beens playing five-a-side) they attract a bigger crowd than the 800-900 that turm up at the Circus Tavern to watch the PDC darts World Championship!

I think you'll find that just because you don't like a particular sport doesn't necessarily mean that it's a minority sport which is under supported by the public at large Exclamation
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tardelli



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a poor game last night - a bit of an anti climax for the neutral. That's the domestic season over with then for 2 months - roll on 11th August!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jodiecus



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 243

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think you'll find that just because you don't like a particular sport doesn't necessarily mean that it's a minority sport which is under supported by the public at large"
who said anything about cricket or football being a minority sport? i just said every time i look at a game of cricket there seems hardly anybody watching and i include the World Cup in that.
as far as the third test goes i don't consider 22000 a massive crowd for a main event game, actually though there must be some keen fans out there because at 100 a ticket they are either dead keen or just plain daft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group