wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Winstanley Hall

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aisforandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Winstanley Hall Reply with quote

Here are some pics of this place - I put them on as thumbnails as there are so many:

derby dave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: NICE Reply with quote

GOOD PICS PITY ABOUT THAT BUILDING SOMEONE SHOULD REBUILD IT
Vic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy how the hell did you get in the place did you make an appointment with some one... please tell i need to go myself to take some pics.. Smile

I've just read the ugly view thread and i've got yed warch.....HOW DOES HE GET IN PLACES LIKE THAT ??
M.G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that wood panelling must have been stunning when the place was lived in
Del

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: NICE Reply with quote

derby dave wrote:

I think Dorbcrest Homes own it, not 100% sure though - anyone know for sure??
Wigandave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: NICE Reply with quote

Del wrote:
derby dave wrote:

I think Dorbcrest Homes own it, not 100% sure though - anyone know for sure??

I was showing a mate these pics today and he told me that they own it, don't know if its true or not Confused
reddi8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember it being in the paper that Dorbcrest Homes wanted to convert the hall into luxury apartments but the Council knocked them back. Its such a pity it is allowed to decay anymore.
aisforandy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The council have had to force Dorbcrest to actually carry out essential maintenance - the place is a right state and will cost many millions to sort out - but obviously without any incentive Dorbcrest are doing as little with the place as possible. I think it's a crime that this place is being left to fall apart.

Quote:
Andy how the hell did you get in the place did you make an appointment with some one... please tell i need to go myself to take some pics.. Smile

We just turned up - we had heard some horror stories about a farmer shooting people with a rice gun so we were a little careful. There is no access from the farm end but you can drive straight up to it from the other side - and like we've said before - if you're wandering round you're not committing any crimes.

We actually got busted by security at this location but the security guy is really nice and has a genuine interest in the place so he gave us quite a bit of info on background of the place.
brocklanders

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Winstanley Hall Reply with quote

Great pics Andy, shocking how Dorbcrest were allowed to buy this hall in the first place. I wouldn't mind seeing tax money being used to renovate this place to its former glory. I've heard that Wigan Council can actually take the hall under public ownership if the owners don't fulfill their duty to keep it in a good state, so why don't they? A grade 2 listed building in the hands of greedy property developers, letting it rot, disgraceful. The people at Wigan Council should be ashamed. Does English Heritage not have a say in things, i thought this would come under their jurisdiction?

Last edited by brocklanders on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Digvul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame the such a great hall should be allowed to fall into a ruinous state.

Nice pictures. Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Photos of Wigan All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: