wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Forty six year old pictures.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owdkewyed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Forty six year old pictures. Reply with quote

While having a clearout recently, I came across these old clippings from the Daily Telegraph in February of 1966. Sorry about the quality of the pics but the newspaper is just about falling to pieces in my hands. It may bring back a few memories for some people and maybe a recognition of old faces, the two sixteen year old long haired louts are myself ( in blazer ) and David Abbott in his mack, having a drink from the milk machine on the old market square bus station during school dinner time.
I didn't like having to wear the Grammar School kit, it wasn't a patch on the Tommy Linacre uniform. Crying or Very sad
Erasmus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pose for that photo Owkey or did a photographer ask to snap you.
Owdkewyed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy just appeared out of nowhere and asked if he could take a picture of us both, so we said 'OK' like teenagers back then would have done..... probably not like the kids of today who would more likely have said either 'How much mister?' or **** **f before we call the police you pervert'.
Things were a lot simpler then..not the people..I can't say they have changed for the better but that's life and were stuck with it.
His comments about 'Class' were just reporter mumbo jumbo, Dave always wore that mack, and the Grammar School blazer I had on was just a piece of rag that had to be worn as far as I was concerned, I was a 'Linacre Lad' through and through and never ever considered that a fit and proper coat for the lads from the south side of Parsons Walk. Laughing
Erasmus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a Wigan Grammar School lad too Owkey. Your mate looks a bit of a character and you're a ringer for on of the prefects from Tom Brown's Schooldays with that quiff.
Owdkewyed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing He was a grand lad Dave, like most Wigan folk really. Wish I had all that hair now though!! Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Photos of Wigan All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: