wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Lawro's Prediction for Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THFC6061

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Lawro's Prediction for Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic Reply with quote

Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic (Sunday, 20:00 BST)

Blackburn probably have to win this game to have a chance of staying up, and I think they will beat the Latics - although they will probably also have to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on the last day of the season if they are to stay in the Premier League.

Rovers were poor at Tottenham last week which is not what you expect from a team in trouble.

The way they set up in their defeat at White Hart Lane was absolutely fine but, when you play so defensively, you have to carry a goal threat too and they didn't do that at all.

It doesn't change the fact they have to win this game, though, and they will do it any way they can.

Wigan played some outstanding stuff to beat Newcastle but going to Ewood Park is a completely different sort of game - you could call it a 'muck and nettles' job.

The Latics will bring a fair few fans with them and it will be a really good atmosphere but I think Rovers' nitty-gritty style will triumph over Wigan's prettier passing.

As one of my old coaches at Liverpool, John Bennison, used to say, this game will be 'tousy'. When he first said it, I asked him what 'tousy' meant and he just said "the tackles will be flying in". I would expect this match to be pretty lively.

Ultimately, I think Wigan will be fine, but they will have to wait a bit longer to make sure of their safety.

Prediction: Blackburn Rovers 2-0 Wigan Athletic

Here are all of Lawro's 2011-12 Premier League Predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if all his forecasts were correct...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2011-12.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: