wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Lawro's Prediction for Fulham v Wigan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THFC6061

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Lawro's Prediction for Fulham v Wigan Reply with quote

Fulham v Wigan

On the back of Wigan's last few results, it would probably make sense for me to just tip them to win this one and not say anything else.

The Latics have been absolutely amazing in the last couple of weeks.

They have timed their run to perfection and it is as good a sequence as results I have ever seen from a side near the bottom of the Premier League. Without being too down on them, my question to Roberto Martinez and his side would be "where on earth has this been all season?"

Wigan's survival is in their own hands now, which is a big turnaround from how things were a few weeks ago when, with the fixtures they had to come, I thought they would be leaving it very late - how wrong I was!

But, bearing in mind how they have struggled to score goals all season, nobody could have foreseen their results and performances against Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal. They could and should have beaten Chelsea too.

Victor Moses particularly impressed me against the Gunners. We have always seen the potential he has and he is now finding an end product too - he looks a handful. Franco di Santo has improved as well and the 3-4-3 system seems to suit the Wigan defenders as much as their front players.

Let's not get too carried away with ourselves, though. They are at Fulham on Saturday, and the Cottagers are very strong at home.

Martin Jol's side have had a few days off since they drew with Chelsea on Easter Monday and maybe they will be lying in wait for the Latics, who are a big scalp now they are the form team in the Premier League.

Prediction: Fulham 1-1 Wigan

Here are all of Lawro's 2011-12 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would looik like if all his forecasts were correct...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2011-12.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: