wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Neighbours save pensioner from blaze - News - Wigan Today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donewalking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Neighbours save pensioner from blaze - News - Wigan Today Reply with quote

Wigan Heros
The house on Leaway Higher Ince where a an 82 years-old man was rescued from a fire by neighbours Karl Heaver and Robert Barker..

Moments after he was dragged to safety, there was a blast which would, said firefighters, undoubtedly have killed him. Leslie Cunliffe was today said to be critically-ill in hospital.

Wigan Borough Fire Commander Steve Sheridan, who was at the scene of the blaze throughout Friday morning, said: “Without their quick-thinking instinctive actions we would definitely be looking at a fatality.
“Both these men put their lives on the line to rescue their neighbour and I will definitely be putting them forward for a bravery commendation.”

Its good to know that there are people out there that will risk there lives & not rob you.
Karl & Robert both derserve medels.

I have since heard that Mr Cunliffe has past away. Our thoughts are with his family
samba

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences too, to Mr Cunliffe's family.
As you say its good to know their are such kind hearted people, it restores your faith in modern society and its people doesn't it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> News and views All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: