wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
A friend just set me this can anyone advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wigan Lass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: A friend just set me this can anyone advice Reply with quote

I have been trying 2 get on Tiscali Broadband for weeks now and have been having problems.I felt I had 2 go on Broadband due to the most enormous phone bill I have ever had due 2 me coming on here during the day in the week-I never knew it was so expensive.
Anyway,my friend has been helping me out with this as I am pretty clueless at times about putes but the problem now according 2 Tiscali is the drive-my processor (tower) needs updating.Could anyone please give me any advice as 2 how I should go about this in the cheapest and most economical way.
I so much want 2 go on Broadband but as it is my computer won't take it.If all else fails I shall just have 2 come on here in the weekday evenings and at weekends but most people don't seem 2 have a problem.I would so much appreciate any advice
WezXL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how old is the PC?

I ask according to Tiscali the minimum spec for their service is

Pentium 200Mhz

32MB RAM

Four-speed CD-ROM player

Video card/display 800 x 600, 256 colours

150MB free on your computers hard drive

Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000 Professional or XP. Macs are compatible with broadband but are not supported by Tiscali. For more details click here.

USB port that can supply 500 ma (a rectangular port/plug approximately 12mm wide x 4mm high that allows you to plug in peripheral devices such as modems, printers, MP3 players, webcams etc.)

Now any PC made in the last couple of years should easily exceed that specification.

Could you get some more information about the system. can usually be found throught the SYSTEM icon in CONTROL PANEL. I might be able to better assist/advise then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Computer problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: