wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Hello from Kensington, Maryland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Say hello or practice posting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gypsy jim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Hello from Kensington, Maryland Reply with quote

Hello All,
My name is Jimmy and I am on a quest. I am from Kensington, Maryland, USA. I have been working in the sewer business for the last twenty six years. (somebody has to do it.) The object of my quest is a sewer gas detector made in your town. It all started with a fantastic vintage photo of a man outfitted to enter a sewer. I used the photo to remind the men to wear the proper safety gear before entering a confined space. The gentleman in the picture is holding a Spiralarm. It has the maker's name of J.H. Naylor, Wigan. It also has “type S” marked on the label. The patent # on the label is 352267. I would love to own one of these wonderful instruments. I supplied links to the photos below. I have seen one on ebay but I missed it. If you or someone you know would like to part with one, please let me know. Your town looks beautiful, full of history and wonderful architecture. Thanks in advance. Jimmy

jimmyschmidt@verizon.net

https://www.rolexforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=248588&stc=1&d=1326153027

https://www.rolexforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=248589&stc=1&d=1326153341
Tonker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE'S ONE that sold on e-bay UK, for a good price too! Very Happy
gypsy jim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonker,
Yes, that's exactly it! And I agree that it went for a good price. I'll top that if one can be found. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Say hello or practice posting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: