wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Warning notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nephro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Warning notes Reply with quote

I'm getting a note at the bottom right hand side saying Lacking in Virtual memory.

Is there anything that I can do to rectify this or is it a shop job ?
Cadfael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A certain amount of hard disc space has been set aside for your computer to use as memory. You have physical memory built into your computer, your RAM. But as you work the RAM will become full and write what it cannot handle at that time to your hard drive and grab it when RAM frees up. This is virtual memory.

Your computer will have defaulted to how much hard disc space it is allowed to set aside to use as virtual memory... and your hard drive may be getting full and does not have the minimum hard disc space for VM to work. Or, you are using memory intensive programs that are using a lot of RAM... and VM.

How big is your hard drive? How much RAM have you installed?
nephro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have a 150 gig hard drive with 135 gig of free space, plus 1 gig on RAM. 2 strips @560 each

i have just bought 2 gig of RAM off e-bay and am waiting its delivery. 2 strips @ i gig each.
thesurgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.delete-computer-history.com/increase-virtual-memory.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Computer problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: