wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
re sizing photos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samba

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: re sizing photos Reply with quote

I'm trying to re size some of my pics so they will fit on the forum without running off the top and bottom of the page, idea being you don't need to scroll up and down to see the whole image. Ive tried re sizing in photobucket and p,shop elements to no avail.
I'm very new to this computer malarkey so I'm sure its me doing it wrong. Rolling Eyes
Can anyone explain what to do in easy terms? I'd be most grateful. Smile
Cadfael

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Photoshop Elements go to the Image menu and click on Resize... another menu will open and from this select Image Size.

In the box that opens...in the Pixel Dimensions section, enter the number of pixels wide you want your image to be, 800 is a good size for the internet. Your height should auto-adjust to match, if it does not tick the Constrain Proportions checkbox near the bottom of the box. Don't worry about the Document Size section, it does not apply here.

Now for the tricky bit... put a tick in the Resample Image checkbox and select a resample type from the drop down box under that. As a general rule of thumb, select the Bicubic Sharper (best for reduction) option... and then click OK. DONE! Your image will be resized.

Save your image under a new name using the Save As... option.

EDIT: I have just double checked. you cannot enter a pixel width until you check the Resample Image box... this will then make the Pixel Dimensions section active for editing.
samba

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Cadfael, i,ll give it a go, I,ve noticed you seem to know your way around computers and cameras very well. Have you been doing this a while then Question
dodger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to do it in photobucket, just hover your mouse over the photo you want to resize, then when the options box appears click edit.
then click resize, and move one of the sliders shown below, you only need to move one and the other moves automatic.
when you have the size you want click "replace original"
samba

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photobucket option didnt seem to work for me, trouble is because im not use to re sizing i find that the numbers dont mean anything to me and small, large, ex dont give me a clue. I have to twiddle about to get it right and then when i post it to wiganworld it dont look any different Confused
Its gonna take practice i guess when im not busy with my crimbo shopping Laughing
Cadfael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samba wrote:
Thankyou Cadfael, i,ll give it a go, I,ve noticed you seem to know your way around computers and cameras very well. Have you been doing this a while then Question

It is only this last few month or so I have really been into post processing photographic images. I have been watching tutorial videos from Lynda.com, Kelby Training etc. But I once ran a site for people to request forum graphics like Avatars and Signature banners, so I have some knowledge of graphic manipulation... but I am no expert. It was only ever a hobby.
samba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam..... your a fast learner cadfael Shocked

Well done you, you do a great job with the pics
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Computer problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: