wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Hutchings sacked....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tardelli

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Hutchings sacked.... Reply with quote

no great surprise.
bloobloo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should never have been given the job in the 1st place in my opinion, now comes the next step of finding a decent "big name" person to fill his boots. Rumours on the wiganer.net site are rife at the moment with Peter Ried, Chris Coleman and worst of all Graham Souness being linked with the vacancy. God help us.
pieeyter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOOBLOO GOD HELP ANYONE OF THEM WHO GET THE JOB

Pieeyter

Hell of a job on Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
bloobloo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed pieeyter, not an easy task at all.
Latic_Tone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen on Sky Sports News that Paul Jewell is Big Dave's 1st choice for the job. Whoever takes over needs proper financial backing from Whelan, clubs can no longer survive in the Prem on a shoe-string. Now I'm not saying to go down the same route of Leeds & Bradford, but Whelan needs to realise that money has to be spent on players (especially a goal scorer) to keep us in the Prem & eventually to progress up the league. If Whelan doesn't want to spend incase we get relegated, then we may as well have stuck with Hutchings.

This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is - He's gone on holiday - Does he care about the club?

Answers on a postcard!
Mikewigan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Paul Jewell to return.

Smile
bloobloo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say im too excited about Jewell's return tbh, i remember the quote he gave upon his resignation which said "i have taken the club as far as i can" whats changed? we are still in a relegation position. for me personally, the club needs a new direction, by bringing jewell back the only thing we will achieve is more long ball style football and a one way ticket back to the championship. although the thought of souness doesn't fill me with joy either, the one thing he would bring to the club is respect, also potentially he could have the clout to bring more "attractive" names to the jjb. however, souness is not the type of manager to say "yes Dave, no Dave" whenever whelan shouts jump, more likely he would tell mr whelan to **** off and mind his business!
i really think we need a new manager with new ideas, one who can motivate the team. for me, mr jewell is not that man.
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloobloo wrote:
I cant say im too excited about Jewell's return tbh, i remember the quote he gave upon his resignation which said "i have taken the club as far as i can" whats changed? we are still in a relegation position. for me personally, the club needs a new direction, by bringing jewell back the only thing we will achieve is more long ball style football and a one way ticket back to the championship. although the thought of souness doesn't fill me with joy either, the one thing he would bring to the club is respect, also potentially he could have the clout to bring more "attractive" names to the jjb. however, souness is not the type of manager to say "yes Dave, no Dave" whenever whelan shouts jump, more likely he would tell mr whelan to **** off and mind his business!
i really think we need a new manager with new ideas, one who can motivate the team. for me, mr jewell is not that man.

I agree with what you say. PJ, although very highly thought of IMO, shouldn't really come back. He's done his bit, and he now needs someone who can take it further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: