wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Sending photos as an attachment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nephro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Sending photos as an attachment Reply with quote

I have just been taught how to send a photo attachment with an e-mail, but the attachment is so big that it would fill a house wall if I could project it.

How do I reduce the size of the photo before I attach it please ?
Minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use imageshack to upload it you then have the option to resize to 800 x 600 before upload, which is a good size for the usual monitors....[/b]
oscar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're sending pictures as an e-mail attachment you won't need to upload the picture to a host such as imageshack.

You'll need to resize the picture on your own hard drive first using some graphics editing software. Personally I would recomend Irfanview which can be downloaded from http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967

install the software then open the image file you wish to resize. Click on the Image menu at the top of the screen then select Resize/Resample. The options are pretty self explanitory from here on in. Once the image is the size you want, save the image then attach the newly saved file to your e-mail.

Hope this is of some help to you.
nephro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Oscar, I have downloaded irfanview and got two icons on my desktop, a red splodge and a panda with thumbnails writen under it.

When i click on the red splodge Iget a small black screen in the top left of my screen and when I click on the panda I get a halfe page grey screen on the right hand side.

I'm still no wiser Can you help ?
JohnnyX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biscuit wrote:
When i click on the red splodge I get a small black screen in the top left of my screen and when I click on the panda I get a halfe page grey screen on the right hand side.

I'm still no wiser Can you help ?

The small black screen is the default Irfanview window.

Either double-click your photo to open it in Irfanview, or open Irfanview first and then drag-and-drop your photo to the Irfanview window.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Computer problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: