wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
WW 4 Point Deduction
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodders

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davewigan wrote:
when i have time i may give more time to answering some of the points raised in this thread

but the one i would like to ask is if any one has been to the library in Wigan ?

there you can see what club put in what to the jjb and why it was given the go ahead and not as the latics fan would have people believe

the ground is shared and will be shared for the forseable future at least the next 87 years

Where should I go / what should I ask to see in the library to get this info? I would like to see this for myself as I have had many bitter Latics fans boring me with tales of how the Rugby team use "their" stadium. I know that's not true but I would like to see it in black and white.
davewigan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodders go to the main library and ask them on the desk about the plans for the jjb stadium

it shows who put in what to the building of the ground and the fact the go ahead was because the leage and assositaion teams would be sharing the stadium

latest about appeal :

Warriors contemplate appeal

APPEAL: Dave Whelan

Previous PreviousNext Next
View GalleryWigan will this week decide whether to launch an appeal against their four-point punishment for breaching the salary cap.
The club has received the written judgement of the independent tribunal's ruling.
Brian Noble's side would still be in fourth place had it not been for their deduction.
Wigan owner Dave Whelan is adamant the club has done nothing wrong. But the club would need an appeal to be heard before the end of the regular campaign on September 14 so that, if they were successful, they could be reinstated their four points before the play-offs begin.

Wigan were found guilty of over-spending the 1.6m wage ceiling by 222,000, but Whelan insists they did not pay that money out and that the RFL calculated that sum based on players' original contracts before the club renegotiated several new deals.
He also added that the RFL gave Wigan permission to sign Stuart Fielden for a world record 450,000 from Bradford.

Whelan, a strong advocate of a salary cap system, said: "We got permission to sign Fielden from the RFL, we also said we would re-adjust the contracts, which you are perfectly legal to do. It's well within the laws of the UK. The RFL has taken no notice of it (but) we were not over the cap with what we paid out."
Whelan reiterated that he will not sell Wigan unless he has been reassured about the purchaser's motives, commitment and love for the club.

"The fans quite rightly want success," added Whelan. "I said if we don't put silverware on the table we would go, and I sincerely think I've got to let someone else have a go."
Aspulliter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still don't like Latics having any sort of success, pure & simple.

As for the pros & cons of ALL the posts involved, RL & Latics will never sit easy side by side.

If Latics ever fall from grace watch the WRL fans crawl from under their sofas to gloat, as for now they are few and far between. Cool
rodders

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aspulliter wrote:
You still don't like Latics having any sort of success, pure & simple.

As for the pros & cons of ALL the posts involved, RL & Latics will never sit easy side by side.

If Latics ever fall from grace watch the WRL fans crawl from under their sofas to gloat, as for now they are few and far between. Cool

I still don't like Latics having success? What do you know about what I do or don't like? I am disappointed with the loss this weekend but feel free to assume otherwise.

If you want to carry on being a bitter hater then you're welcome to do so. I am glad that the Latics are in the top flight and hope that they stay there. Unfortunately I will always have to put up with bitter individuals who assume otherwise.
davewigan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always stated that Wigganers should be proud to have two teams in DIFFERENT sports playing in the highest respective leagues

some fans can't accept this and will always carry a chip on there shoulder about the opposite Wigan team

as for this thread the tax returns of the warriors and the players state they did not over spend in 2006 the figure the panel brought out is made up off what would have happened if wigan hadn't acted in reducing costs

the RFL do not have any proof that wigan over spent they have used a mythical spirit to back up there case

all teams renegotiate contracts all the time or do people believe players wait till one contract runs out before starting negotiations on a new one ?

the RFL sanctioned wigans transfer of fielden and after that 9 players where either off loaded or sent out on loan with a further 7 taking deals to help the club

non of which is against any rule from the RFL or british employment law

so instead of trying to score cheap points why not find out the facts think about it and then have a debate on the merits of what was done and not just jump on the band wagon

aspulliter wasnt it a latics fan that tried to start off with the JJB was built for union and football ? so you accusing rugby league fans of bias is well off the mark impo
Aspulliter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Wigan ruled the Rugby League was WIGAN classed as a "Sporting Town" ? NO

Rugby fans scorned Latics and their followers.

Since the Premiership AND the demise of the Warriors all of a sudden we are a "Sporting Town" and to have a fellowship to-gether Exclamation
davewigan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspulliter a little biased still i notice maube still to jealous of the past ?

at the time of wigan rlfc winning most things Wigan had the biggest youth football tournement in england with training courses ( nothing ot do with rugby that )
we had people who swam for the wasps representing england same with the harriers

wigan has always been a sporting town but only now have we got two seperate clubs competing at the highest level in there SEPERATE sports

if you can get rid of the chip on your shoulder you may have some constructive comments and not the stereotypical we hate you lines

or is it that you like to generalise the wholw of the town and like to thing you where so hard done by supporting latics ?

the amount of people who claim to have been at springfield park week in week out is nothing short of meraculous same as the ones claiming to have been to every game wigan rugby won

we all have biggots supporting out team doesn't mean that all the fans are the same
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: